|Guidebook for access to information held by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and European Integration|
I. MAIN INFORMATION ON THE MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS AND EUROPEAN INTEGRATION
The seat of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and European Integration is at: Podgorica, Stanka Dragojevića 2,
tel. 020 245 752
fax.020 225 702
II. TYPES OF DOCUMENTS HELD BY THE MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS AND EUROPEAN INTEGRATION
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and European Integration holds the following types of documents:
- Law on Foreign Affairs;
- documents passed by the Ministry (decisions, conclusions, rulebooks);
- documents approved by the Ministry;
- budget and final account of the Ministry as a spending unit;
- opinions given by the Ministry on documents and other materials proposed by other authorities;
- personnel files;
- archive books.
III. LAUNCHING A PROCEDURE
The procedure is launched by submitting a written application:
- directly to the archives;
- by regular mail to the address of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and European Integration - Stanka Dragojevića 2, 81000 Podgorica;
No fee is payable ion the application for free access to information.
IV. CONTENT OF THE APPLICATION
The application should contain:
1) general data of the document requested (name of the document, the time of its generation, the authority or body that generated the document);
2) the desired means of access to the document;
3) data of the applicant (name and surname, permanent or temporary address, name and seat of the company), or his agent, representative or proxy.
The applicant may state other data facilitating retrieval of the requested document.
V. METHODS OF ACCESS TO DOCUMENTS
A document may be accessed by:
1) direct insight into public records, an original or a copy of the document;
2) transcription of the document by the applicant;
3) transcription, photocopying or translation of the document by the person authorised to take action as per the application for access to information and by submission of the transcript, photocopy or translation to the applicant directly, by regular mail or e-mail.
Access to documents referred to in items 1) and 2) is exercised at the premises of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
VI. DEADLINE FOR DECISION AS PER AN APPLICATION
Applications for access to a document shall be handled not later than 8 days as of the day of application.
Exceptionally, in a case of need to protect life and freedom of a person, the application is handled within 48 hours upon receiving the application.
If the documents requested are voluminous or if their retrieval requires searching a large number of documents, so that the access within the deadline envisaged would interfere with regular business, the deadline for passing and submitting the decision extends to 15 days.
If the application for access to a document is incomplete and incomprehensible and unable to be acted upon, the applicant shall be requested to remove the deficiencies in the application within 8 days from the day of being informed thereof.
If the applicant fails to remove the deficiencies in the time envisaged, the application shall be rejected. The applicant shall be warned of this consequence in the request informing him of the necessity to remove deficiencies. In that case, the deadline for deciding as per the application starts from the day of receiving the corrected application.
VII. DECISION AS PER THE APPLICATION AND REDRESS
A decision is made as per the application for access to a document.
The decision rejecting the application for access to a document must be justified stating the reasons on the grounds of which the access to the document is limited. The decision allowing access to the document or a part thereof shall stipulate the manner and the deadline for accessing the document and the costs of the procedure.
No appeal may be launched against the decision as per the application, but a dispute before the Administrative Court of Montenegro may be instigated.
VIII. DEADLINE FOR ACCESSING THE DOCUMENT REQUESTED
Access to a document will be made possible within three days from the day of the decision delivery.
If it is decided that access to the document is to be exercised by direct inspection of the public records or the document or by transcribing the document by the applicant, the deadline for access to the document is not preclusive.
IX. COSTS OF THE PROCEDURE
The costs of the procedure (actual costs of transcribing, photocopying, translation, etc) shall be borne by the applicant.
The costs of the procedure are payable prior to the execution of the decision to the benefit of the Budget of Montenegro.
A person with disabilities is exempted from paying the costs of procedure.
X. AUTHORISED PERSON
XI. GUIDE PUBLICATION
This Guide shall be posted on the Ministry website: www.mip.gov.me and the Ministry notice board.
M I N I S T E R